- “I have been out of the workforce for many years. Where do I begin”?
- “I am considering a career change. What are my options”?
- “I just graduated from college. What can I do with my major”?
- “Do I have what it takes to reach career satisfaction and success”?
With 18 years of demonstrated success in career planning and development, I am confident that I can help you maximize your opportunities for career satisfaction and success, and a balanced work/life. I will guide, coach and support you in creating the best fit between your personal strengths, needs, and preferences, with viable options in the job market.
“Without Michal’s special help, I never would have found a new career. She led me to a teaching career which I loved dearly until my retirement.”
(K.S. Thousand Oaks)
All my services are tailored to your needs. I may assist you with all or part of the steps described below:
Self Assessment – “Who am I and What Do I Want”?
Using standardized and informal assessments, and in-depth discussions, we will help you identify your:
- Skills, accomplishments, talents and strengths
- Professional expertise
- Interests (Strong Interest Inventory)
- Your passions
- Work/Life values
- Personality type (Myers Briggs Type Indicator)
- Learning style
- Personal and financial considerations
Occupational Exploration – “What is Out There”?
Having completed the process of self-assessment, we will help you generate a list of occupations, and obtain valuable information about them. This process will include:
- Researching career fields and industries using carefully selected free print and online resources
- Learning about duties and responsibilities, skills, training and education required, working conditions, salary, employment outlook, career path, and related occupations.
- Identifying career trends and “below the radar” occupations
- Conducting Informational Interviews
- Reality testing, including job shadowing, internships and volunteer work
Career Decision Making & Goal Setting – “How Do I Get There”?
Based on your personal and occupational exploration, we will guide you in narrowing down your choices and achieving career clarity and focus. This will be accomplished by:
- Developing and implementing decision making skills
- Evaluating career options
- Considering self-employment and/or alternative work arrangements
- Clarifying and setting short and long-term goals
- Identifying barriers for accomplishing your goals
- Developing coping skills to overcome your challenges
- Formulating a concrete and realistic plan of action related to your chosen career.